Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mind Games

My phone rang a bit ago.

It was my mother. I didnt answer it. Rarely do I ever actually answer my phone. In the two minutes that followed, my mind had convinced myself that my father had died in a horrible accident.

I waited a few minutes to see if she would leave a message. No message ever came. So, I called her back, fearing the worst.

Turns out, she was trying to buy shoes online and was having trouble with the website.

Yeah. Im special. I have no idea why I get these thoughts. I just do. This isnt he first time that this scenario has played out like this. I just wish that I would jump to the worst conclusion every time.


In completely unrelated news, I spilled grape soda on my laptop at work yesterday. LOADS OF FUN! However, I (and a friend) was able to get it cleaned up and popped off some keys and cleaned soda out of the inside of my computer. Well, tonight, I just noticed that the apostrophe key doesnt work. See what I mean? Thats definitely going to make things interesting for writing on here. Not to mention doing Excel spreadsheets for work or all those other occasions where one wants apostrophes and quotation marks.

Sheesh. I guess Im lucky that my computer still works and that its not sticky or anything. Its just frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, since the time my dad called me to tell me about my brother I have assumed that ANY TIME, ANY family member calls me it is bad news.

    This may be a reason why I always wait for a message. Or why my family members don't call very much. Who knows. But I always assume something bad has happened. It is reflex after years of it always being true.

    ReplyDelete